One of my favorite snacks to have is pita chips with salsa, chili, or hummus. Pita Chips are my favorite alternatives to the processed chips I used to buy at the grocery store. For starters, I know all of the ingredients I’m consuming, they taste great, and can be easily adapted.
I first started making pita chips when I decided I need to eat healthier. Because I’m a huge snacker, I didn’t want to give up the snacks I loved to eat in between meals. However, I knew that if I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle, I would need to at least find an alternative to my favorite snacks. Thus, we have pita chips.
I like to eat them with chili or hummus because they are full of fiber and protein, keeping me fuller for a longer period of time in between meals.
- Pita Bread
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Take your whole wheat pita bread and cut it like a pizza, giving you lots of triangle-shaped bread.
- Open each pita so that now you have double what you started with.
- Line your pita slices on a cookie sheet and sprinkle your seasonings over them.
- Heat up your over to 350F and leave the pita bread until it turns crispy and slightly tan. (About 5 minutes or so).
- Enjoy with hummus, salsa, sour cream, or anything you'd like.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try. Be sure to check out my hummus recipe so you can start enjoying a more healthier snack option.