This recipe is a classic and you’ve probably had it yourself when you were younger. It’s a quick and easy kids recipe that the whole family will enjoy. And no, just because it’s called puppy chow does not mean it’s for the furry pets around the house- this is a people snack!
It’s also referred to as Chex Mix Puppy Chow but you don’t have to use the name brand cereal, it works just as well with store brands or Crispix too. The kids will have a blast helping make this and the steps are so easy to do!
Puppy Chow Mix Recipe
Source: Susie B. Homemaker cell phone pic
- 9 cups corn/rice cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Put cereal in large bowl.
- Melt peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips then remove from heat and add in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal.
- Put into plastic bag filled with the powdered sugar and shake well to coat.
- Spread on wax paper to cool before eating.
Then chow down and enjoy!
This has been a guest post!
I’m Susan (aka. Susie B. Homemaker), stay at home mom to 3 beautiful girls ages 7 and under. I write about life as a mommy, share crazy toddler stories, pictures of my kids, along with occasional cleaning, recipe, & craft posts, as well as family-friendly product reviews and giveaways. You can read more about me, check out some of my photos, or just take a peek at my blog… hope you’ll stop by and visit. :)