As a parent, I know just how important internet safety is, especially for younger children. Chatman is a bright, yellow, interactive emoticon-like character that provides social skills, homework help, and most importantly- internet safety. This new device is geared towards children between the ages of 6-12, perfect for my 7 year-old nephew.
In today’s digital world, Chatman is a must-have product for children that rely on the internet for playing games, chatting with friends, or even researching information for homework. Chatman can provide your child with safety while searching the internet by alerting you when web-surfing or chatting becomes inappropriate. What I love about Chatman is that it has features to allow parents to filter browsing to safe websites only.
Chatman is also a great companion for kids. His eyes, ears, and hands move around, he talks and answers questions, and has a cool personality that allows for interactivity and adds emotion to the online experience. My favorite feature of the Chatman is its ability to help kids with their homework by safe-searching the web, and also its ability to send reminders about upcoming events and birthdays. There are also thousands of apps that the Chatman has access to, including games to keep your kids entertained.
- Interactive: Chatman has different personalities and can move its eyes, ears, and hands, as well as talks using a built-in speakerphone and unique LED mouth sync.
- Stay Social: Kids can talk to Chatman directly and he will answer questions and initiates conversations. Chatman also allows you to keep in touch with your friends on Facebook, Skype, and MSN Messenger.
- Have Fun: Chatman has access to over 1,000 games, videos, and more.
- Homework Help: Ask Chatman a question or browse for an answer. Chatman makes finding information online fun and easy.
- Reminders: You can keep birthdays, parties, tests, and other reminders organized to alert children of important dates.
- Chatman is not a stand-alone chat platform, so there’s no stranger-danger.
- It alerts you when inappropriate chat is exchanged on social networks.
- Alerts you when inappropriate web searches are attempted.
- Receive reports of malicious content and dangerous websites that were accessed.
- Chatman allows parents to filter web browsing to safe websites only.
We love the Chatman! I think it’s such a great and innovative devices for kids. My nephew uses the internet often to play games or search the web for homework help and it’s nice knowing that with the Chatman, he will be safe when surfing the web. He also loves that Chatman is very interactive, and always has more fun online with Chatman.
Chatman retails for $69.99 at ToysRus.com
Disclosure: I received the above mentioned product to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own.